Wednesday 12 December 2012

War of the Worlds research, alien sound



I was researching the aliens from War of the Worlds online, as I have never watched the film before to give me some ideas of how to create the alien probe sound in the clip and came across this sound clip of the noise they used for the tripods in the film.
The alien's horn is bassy, almost deafening and terrifying to listen to. I jumped when I first heard the sound, as I had the volume on high, and the sound immediately filled me with a sense of dread and tension. The sound almost signifies something bad is going to come, like in battle when soldiers blew their horns to signify that the enemy is coming. In this instance, the alien tripod is signifying to its enemy that it is coming and is confident in the notion that there is nothing that the humans can do to stop it.
I wanted to take influence from this sound, not to create one like it, but to take influence from the bass of it. The sound is so loud and spacey that it creates the image that the alien is dominant and large and I want to create that for my probe, as it is such a large thing moving around the basement, I want to create a sense of presence and fear from this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment