Wednesday 5 December 2012

Feedback from Lost in Translation

As I didn't mix on speakers, this was quite evident in my work as the first time I was hearing it properly was on the projector. The foley I had recorded was much lower in the mix than I would have liked, but the soundtrack I chose was at the right level.
Neil and Ron commented that although the foley was much lower than I had intended, it worked as the scene was quite gentle so didn't need to be overpowered by foley. However, they did remark that although the soundtrack worked well for the mood of the scene, there needed to be variation in the tones such as when Charlotte is moved by the bridal party and a scene moves to another location.

The feedback was:
"The overall feeling was that the work was well executed in terms of recording editing and Foley work. Most of the pieces contained little processing and manipulation of sounds. This will enhance mood, tone, emotional content and overall story telling."

I felt that this was fair, the clip did have little processing but I felt that the clip didn't need over processing as it was a slow, gentle clip with an air of intrigue to it. Although, I should have varied my soundtrack in tone to create emotional triggers.
For the major project, I will definitely use more techniques on sound clips we have learnt in workshops on logic and soundtrack pro such as distortion and reverb to create a more ambitious world of the clip we will re-record and edit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment