Monday 10 December 2012

The Scifi Sound Effects That Take Over Your Brain

http://io9.com/378928/the-scifi-sound-effects-that-take-over-your-brain

This short article I read just to get some background research on general sci-fi sound effects as to get inspiration for my alien probe. The article talks about iconic sounds from sci-fi films such as the Darth Vader's speech and the sound from the light saber which I think I will research further.
The sound from the alien probe in the 1953 version of the War of the Worlds film is there though not as terrifying a noise, I feel, as the writer describes. This may be because the writer is much older and therefore was first introduced to this sound in the 50's, having not heard anything like it before. The sound sounds like a high pitched clicking sound with an echo effect on it, nothing like what I have imagined for my alien probe, whose sound won't be subtle, it will will be loud and throbbing to create a greater sense of tension and fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment